Last week I had the pleasure of hosting a webinar with Alexandra Watson and I wanted to share it with you as it had a great impact on me and the attendees.
Alexandra Watson is UK’s leading happiness coach, bestselling author, business mentor and the voice for happiness for women. Alexandra has a fantastic background and we are delight that she will be joining the Infinitely Wealthy Women Speaking team at Prosper 2012, where she will be revealing tips and techniques that will have you feeling happy and confident everyday! She has coached Olympic athletes, business leaders, even X Factor contestants like Leona Lewis and all the finalists from that year.
She started to study happiness because she was willing to give up so much so called success to find happiness. Happiness is something many people value even more than their health. It’s so fundamental to everything we do. Whether you are a stay at home mum or a high flyer in business you really need to be happy otherwise success will always elude you. Not just financial success but wealth in all areas of your life. You’ve got to understand the fundamentals of what happiness is and what it’s about in order for you to function to your fullest ability. It’s as Alexandra calls it your ability to “SHINE” and it’s important that you tap into this ability as you were born with it and it’s innate within us all.
We are born ready to shine and we do as children. Alexandra calls the ability to the inner diamond. What happens is that over time people happen to us as we grow older and situations happen to us that aren’t always positive. Influences come into our lives and the inner diamond / our ability to shine gets buried within and sometimes can be buried and forgotten and we end up walking around like a former shadow of who we can actually be.
Alexandra reveals 7 steps to uncovering your inner diamond and reclaiming your time to shine. Here’s a brief summary of the webinar. Click here to watch a replay of the webinar for one week only.
7 steps to uncovering your inner diamond.
1. Define – Start defining who you are, what you want to be, do and have. Get clarity about what you want and who you are. When you start to figure this out it’s when you start to become quite unstoppable and unshakable. We need that within us and have it within us already. Having a strong foundation of emotional stability which is what defining what you want to be, what you want to do and have is you are unbreakable. You become not so vulnerable to life’s passing dramas.
2. Intuition – It’s your inner voice, your gut feeling. We usually have more than one voice going off in our heads Alexandra explains. We have the “ego” our fearful voice. Most if the time we go o in life making decisions and being / living through our fears, not actually living and being through our intuitive self. The “ego” is fear; it lives in your head and is mostly irrational but your intuitive self is that inner, unlimited wonderful wisdom that we all have, that we can tap into. When we start coming from that intuitive gut feeling most of the time you can make incredible progress in your life.
3. Accept – Accept who you are. Many of us are very hard on ourselves, always beating ourselves up emotionally, through our fears and negative self talk. Alexandra states that we are not who we think we are…. we are much more than we think we are. We end up labelling ourselves by our job, worries, my fears, my business, my family, being a mother, etc. You add these things and make that your identity when in fact it has nothing to do with your identity. You are not your weaknesses, you’re much more than that, you’re not your anger, and you’re not your fear. The key to accept is to really take on board now and accept the beauty that’s within you that’s who you really are. We are all the same on that front and we are all very powerful. You are loveable and loved just the way you are. There’s nothing you have to do, think, wish or establish, make or create to prove your worthiness. You are already ready it’s your fears that are telling you otherwise.
4. Move Forward – If you’re feeling stuck in any way it’s because you’ve forgotten or lost the ability to or are confused / don’t have clarity for moving forward and moving forward all the time is so key. You need to do things that move you forward even if you are paralysed by fear. You should view your fear as a tool that helps you stretch out of your conform zone and helps you grow.
5. Own it – This refers to owning your power. You are a powerful, creative being and you need to own it! We resist our greatness more than we resist our weaknesses. You need to really feel that own sense of your power and take it onboard. The best way to do this is for you to think about what is power for you? What does it look like? What is your definition of power? Look at characteristics, traits and qualities that define your greatness.
6. No – This refers to saying no to ourselves. We are very good at denying ourselves what we really want and what we need. You need to stop saying no to yourself. You need to start saying yes. You need to start to recognise that happiness is not inevitable and that you always have a choice and the choice here would be yes.
7. Deserve – You need to give yourself permission to deserve everything you want. Allow yourself to deserve success both internally and externally. You deserve to have wealth in all areas of your life and you deserve to be happy.
Make sure you listen to the reply while you can. There were several enlightening moments. We had some great questions answered and had an excellent discussion on masculine and feminine energy too which is very insightful.